National Geographic Slogans, Logo, Revenue (2024)

For everyone who wants to see the best photos of nature or the latest information about the environment, National Geographic is the place where they will search it. It serves as a piece of essential news in the most eye-pleasing way.

National Geographic has been around since more than a hundred years ago, precisely on September 22, 1888, when its first issue was released. This magazine was initially released as a scholarly journal and sent to 165 charter members as part of the National Geographic Society, which was founded on January 13, 1888.

The founder of this society and this magazine was 33 scientists that joined that community, such as Cleveland Abbe, Frank Baker, Marcus Baker, and others. It became a photo-based magazine as we all know it now, in January 1905, when it published several photos of Tibet in the 1900s. This style brought this magazine into popularity and they keep it until today.

The most famous cover of this magazine is the June 1985 issue when it featured a photo of a 12-year-old Afghan girl, Sharbat Gula that photographer Steve McCurry took.

National Geographic Main Website

Long story short. Currently, National Geographic is owned by The Walt Disney Company with 73% shares, and the remaining 27% shares are owned by the namesake non-profit scientific organization National Geographic Society.

Quick Info:

FounderNational Geographic Society
FoundedSeptember 22, 1888
CEOJill Tiefenthaler (National Geographic Society), Courteney Monroe (National Geographic Global Television Networks)
Headquarters1145 17th Street NW, Washington, DC 20036, United States
Area ServedWorldwide

National Geographic Slogans and Taglines

National Geographic has many taglines along with time. Here are some of them:

  • Illuminate and protect the wonder of our world.
  • Further.
  • Live Curious. 

National Geographic Logo

National Geographic Main Logo
National Geographic Logo
Natgeo People Logo
National Geographic People Logo
Natgeo Wild Logo
National Geographic Wild Logo

Business Segment

National Geographic Society is a non-profit organization that runs on providing information regarding various science disciplines.

However, the magazine department and television network are two parts of this community where they run the business to make money.

National Geographic Magazine

National Geographic offers a subscription service for its magazine, where you can read the full stories of each issue. The magazine comes in two versions, are physical magazine and a digital magazine.

The free version with limited access is available on the National Geographic website. The National Geographic magazine is available in 40 languages in more than 60 countries.

National Geographic Television Network

National Geographic also own television network, including:

  • National Geographic Channel is owned by National Geographic Television & Film and Fox Cable Networks.
  • National Geographic Channel HD
  • Nat Geo Wild
  • Nat Geo Mundo
  • Nat Geo TV


National Geographic made around 499.2 million dollars in 2021 from its magazine and television subscription, other channels, such as YouTube, sponsorship, product sales, and many more.